Monday, September 3, 2007

Photography Tips: Shooting with one focal length

To improve your level of photography, try to shoot have a photo assignment on your own or in your group. Force yourselves to limit to a single focal; ie, 50mm. In fact our eyes are looking at 50mm f/0.

It is good to restrict yourselves to a fixed lens like the 50mm, there is how you will learn to see things from the 3rd eye. I enjoy shooting from my 50mm f/1.8, because it not only give me a good bokeh of cause if you want a better bokeh, (a f/1.4 or a f/1.2 is far better) but it's does not have any image distortion. I like to shoot food and product with my trusty cheap plastic 50mm.

Have a small photo assignment of yourselves today. Get a prime lens and shoot at a interesting subject.

Happy shooting.

2 comments:

Colin Wee said...

What do you use to shoot when you are siao on? Surely not 50mm.

Colin

Eric said...

Such cases, i always on my full gear. That's depend on what kind of image i will want to capture.

Each lenses have it's pros and cons.