Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Cleaning the CMOS sensor

There some best practices in cleaning the sensor. One of method which i always do it on the field or in my room will be the exposing the sensor facing down ward.

This way, you will have minimum dust particles that will fall back into the sensor while you blow it using your blower. This method can be apply on both indoor and outdoor.

Changing lens on a windy day can be tricky. Never open up the sensor facing upward or sideward. Dust particles will easily caught inside the shutter windows and onto the sensor.

Should you really need to change a lens during on such event, always face away the wind direction when you open up the lens to change. And always face the sensor downward to minimum dust particles that will fall back into the sensor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats good to keep in mind, I always just change the school's lenses wherever/whenever. But when I have my own camera I'll never forget this.