Friday, August 24, 2007

Photography Theme: Gloomy morbid road


Gloomy morbid road
Originally uploaded by Edgedale

Some photographer will not rather take chance to shoot under rain.

I will say, do not take chance for granted. Moment do not last forever, if you missed it, you missed it.

Take for instant this scene, a road.

It is just a lonely road with not much subject to it. It was heavily drizzled with very overcast sky and dark rain cloud. I was traveling inside a moving car.

What i want to show my viewer will be a dark, gloomy creepy scene.

Most shot can be digitally enhance. Thanks to digitally imaging magic of photoshop.

All you need to work on, will be low color theme, i will used the term, desaturation. Where you lower down the vivid colors from the scene and you tweet it. Grainy effect was introduce to add it's mood and feel to the scene.

I don't use color filter, because, filters were used during the days of film but to the modern technology of digital photography, all filter effects can be achieve from post processing.

Added to this, I present to you, my own photography style which i called "Morbid Desaturated".

No comments: